Thursday, June 23, 2011

I loved this picture! The moon, the flag of Greece and a cross! I'm becoming quite the photographer. Watch out Melanie and Corey! JK!






Little side note…… the water closets ( restrooms) in the monasteries were of Asian ascent. They are holes in the floor that you must squat over. I must say my Iron-casted bladder came in very handy here!! I should have taken a picture but I didn’t want to have anything to do with it. I ran away laughing!



Tomorrow we board our ship for the islands of Mykonos, Patmos, Crete, and Santorini. We will also make a brief stop in Kusadasi, Turkey to visit Ephesus. Not sure about the internet service on the ship so my blog may be lacking until Monday morning!



I have missed high speed internet (after spending 90 minutes uploading these pictures) and my cell phone. I’ve spent a small fortune in phone calls to my family which are a must for me. I have missed them very much!



Things are very expensive here in Greece and especially in Athens. A coke costs 3 euros or ($4.23) water $2-$3.50!!!! The average lunch is around $15. Once we got out of Athens it got a little better but not much. I am very thankful for all the people that helped fund our trip. I would have never been able to afford a trip like this for many years.



Here is a picture of the bus that I have spent many hours on for the last 5 days! It was very comfortable and smooth. Thank goodness! I just hope the cruise ship is just as comfortable and I don’t feel sea sick!


 Going to go eat dinner now in Athens. Up early to board our small vessel to cruise the islands of Greece for the next 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment