Sunday, June 19, 2011

Today was Sunday and it had rained for 4 days straight before we got here. The Greeks aren’t used to so much rain and emotions are high due to their economy crashing! I swear all 5 million of them were on the beaches today. They needed to unwind and enjoy a little vitamin D. We drove along the coastline for almost 2 hours and it was endless with cars and people on the beaches. The protesting was supposed to begin after 6:00 pm (Yes, organized and scheduled protesting!) tonight so maybe they won’t be so cranky. Mom, if you are reading the news makes it looks worse than it actually is. I’m safe and having a great time.




ON A FUNNY NOTE: Ms. Iten and I blew a fuse in our hotel room last night while ironing, charging batteries for my camera, charging her phone, and charging my computer!! Darn Americans! However, it was only in our room and we didn’t have to call downstairs. I found the fuse box in the closet and reset it myself! Whew!

Tonight we went out with our tour group and had dinner. We sat with Jim and Mary from North Carolina. Mary is a travel agent and they just finished a 12 day cruise to Italy. We had fried calamari for dinner. It was very delicious!
Missing my husband and kids! Wish you were all here so I could share this with you! XOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment