Sunday, June 19, 2011

Crazy Greek Drivers!

All of the cars in Athens are tiny! I could fit 2 or 3 of these cars inside my expedition. Parking is limited and these Greeks can parallel park with their eyes closed. They park on the grass and on the sidewalks. They block each other in. If you hear a honk you had better look up and see if its you that is about to get run over by these small “rollerskate-like” cars.





OBSERVATION: I haven’t seen one construction detour or barrier the entire time I’ve been here! And I spent 3 hours on a bus touring Athens today! I haven’t seen any wrecks either and these Greeks drive like their hair is on fire!! You should see the motorcyclists! They don’t stop for red lights if its clear and they weave between cars sometimes sharing the lane side by side with these small cars !!

No comments:

Post a Comment